The selection procedure consists of two independent parts — administrative and background/motivation — each with specific deadlines and evaluated by different people.
This procedure assesses the applicant’s interest in and basic knowledge of the field of global health. This is assessed through a personal motivation letter and an interview.
The personal motivation letter should include:
- a critical reflection on the contribution of the candidate’s field (his/her Master’s degree, work experience) to the field of global health, including an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses regarding the candidate’s position in global health studies (max. 800 words);
- the candidate’s motivation and expectations regarding the course (max. 400 words).
The responses will be independently evaluated by two people, and we will ensure that evaluators are familiar with the candidate’s country of residence and discipline. After the evaluation of the personal motivation letter, shortlisted students will be invited for a video interview.
Motivational applications will be evaluated three times per year and prospective students are free to choose when to apply:
- Before 1 MARCH
- Before 1 JUNE
- Before 25 AUGUST
The interview will take place approximately two weeks after the deadline. Candidates will be informed of the outcome approximately one month after the deadline.
There is a limited number of places available and they will start to be assigned in March.
We will only evaluate motivational applications of students who have submitted their administrative application.
For more information, please contact us.
To qualify for the Master’s programme, students must have a Master’s degree or equivalent that complies with the minimum diploma requirements (verified by the UGent admissions service) and proof of English language proficiency.
- Master’s degree
- English language proficiency: TOEFL 550/213 or IELTS score 6.5
Registration opens on 1 October. Deadlines are dependent on the applicant’s nationality.
The application comprises three steps:
- Start the online application.
- After the two steps of the online application have been concluded, you will receive an email inviting you to send in your application package (hard copy).
- Submit the application package in hard copy. The deadlines below apply to submitting your hard-copy application. It is, therefore, not sufficient to start the online application right before the deadline.
|Type of student||Start online application||Submit application package|
|Students who need a visa||October – February||Before 1 MARCH|
|Students who don’t need a visa||October – May||Before 1 JUNE|
|Benelux students||October – 15 August||Before 15 AUGUST|
Become a Master in Global Health
Your dream is within reach. Follow your heart and get started on the career of your dreams.Register